Tuesday 10 March 2015

Smashbox Makeup Set

Hellooo,

So in one of my blog posts I said about showing my Smashbox makeup that I got for Christmas and seeing as I'm in the mood to blog, I thought I'd show you!


My mum bought be this box from boots for me for Christmas and selected a few products that she thought I'd like.




 
So the first thing I got was this step-by-step contour kit. I've never had a contour palette before this one, so I wasn't sure how I was going to get on with this but it turns out that I really really like it! So it comes in a little box which inside shows you where all the colours and products are supposed to go on your face which was really helpful as I wouldn't of known what I had to use for it to look right! So it tells you where the shades should be used and how to apply them. I also comes with a small angled brush which isn't awful but I don't tend to use it when contouring as it has quite rough bristles. I normally use the real techniques contour brush or the real techniques expert face brush as I find they work a lot better. So you open up the palette and it has three colours, The contour, the bronze and the highlight. It again has a guide on the mirror inside the palette to help to apply the products which is helpful! Now, I'm really pale, so I was slightly worried that contouring would look to harsh on my skin however the contour shade in this palette is really easy to blend and depends on the amount you apply to your face! The contour shade also has a grey tinge to it which I love because it doesn't look orange on my skin whereas I feel that some shades can look too bronze. The highlight looks really nice on my skin too! The bronzer I find is very pigmented therefore can look a little too harsh on my skin however is again easy to blend and is a really nice colour! Overall, Love this palette!
 



 
Next, I got this lipstick which I have already shown you in my lipstick post however I am willing to talk about it again because I love it! I think this lipstick is a spring/summer colour lipstick as it is very bright and very pink! I tend to go for darker shades in autumn/winter. I think pinks are really pretty colours for spring and summer, especially this bright pink! It is called Electric Pink and it is a matte shade which again is always nice for a spring/summer look! Also it being matte means that you can apply gloss over the top to get different effects! Another amazing thing about this lipstick is of course, the packaging! For some reason I love packaging of lipsticks? Is that normal? Anyway, Its really heavy, matte black and metallic grey packaging. I love the fact that its heavy, I think heavy packaging makes makeup easier to apply as its easier to hold. Its also square rather than round which I really like. Overall 10/10 on this Smashbox lipstick.
 



The last thing I got was this little sample package. I got a small lipgloss and a small primer. I've only used the primer once but I wore it when I had a full day at college and it made my makeup last a lot longer that it usually does. It also really smoothed my skin which made makeup easier to apply too! I also got the small lipgloss which I have recently been using constantly! Its a really nice pinky/reddy colour and it is really pigmented as well as being really glossy which makes my lips look really nice! I love the colour of this gloss as it can be blotted off and worn as a lipstick rather than a lipgloss as the colour is so pigmented. This lipgloss doesn't have a colour or shade and I don't know if its available in full size but this is honestly my favourite lip product at the moment!
 
So that's all I got in my little box. I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think and leave a comment! Overall I am really happy with all of my products and I am really impressed by Smashbox makeup so far! Thanks for reading!
 
Sophie x



No comments:

Post a Comment