Sunday 22 February 2015

My Top 6 Favourite Lipsticks

So I love lipsticks and I wear lipstick almost everyday, therefore I thought I would do a post about my top 6 favourite lipsticks that I'd usually wear on a day to day basis! These are all drugstore brands apart from one so hopefully this will be quite helpful for people, like me, who only really use drugstore makeup!

Lipstick 1:


 
This is a Rimmel London lipstick in the colour 'Rose Sorbet' number 110. This is a shimmery pink coloured lipstick maybe slightly coral coloured, really nice for spring/summer time as it is a super pretty and girly colour! I prefer to wear this lipstick with a more natural makeup look as it is not too pigmented therefore it is quite subtle!
 
 
Lipstick 2: 

 
This lipstick has been my all time favourite this winter! The brand is NYC and it is called 'Chocolate Chip' number 444. This was somehow only £1.99 but is amazing! As you may tell by the name, it is a brownish reddy sort of colour. It looks like a dark red when applied on the lips which for me is a really autumn/winter colour! Its not too shiny but its not matte either however it is really moisturising which I love as I tend to have really dry lips. It usually lasts me throughout the whole of my college day without me having to re-apply which is really good! This is the only lipstick I've tried in this brand so I don't know what other colours are like, but I bought this one to test the colour out as I've wanted a colour like this for ages, however didn't want to buy an expensive one straight away as I don't know whether I'd like it or whether it would suit me. Luckily this one seems to be perfect, so for me there is no need to buy a better brand as I'm really happy with this one!


 
 
Lipstick 3:

 
This is another one of the lipsticks that I tend to wear more during the summer time. It is another Rimmel London lipstick and it is called 'In Love With Ginger' which is number 660. The name being quite self-explanatory, you may have guessed that it is a orange colour. This lipstick could pass for being either red or orange when applied, Its a bit of an in-between colour. However I really like this colour as it is really bright so it looks really nice in the summer, maybe even spring if your feeling adventurous! This lipstick also really compliments green or blue eyes and makes them really stand out!
 
 
Lipstick 4:
 
 
Again another Rimmel London lipstick, One of my favourite brands! This is just a classic red colour, It seems to looks really dark when you look at the actual lipstick however isn't as dark when its on your lips. Its called 'Diva Red' and it is number 500. These lipsticks are moisture renew so they normally last all day as they don't tend to dry up. I think this colour is good all year round as I wear red lipstick in the summer and the winter. I think this shade really suits me too as its not too dark but not too light and it is a blue-toned red lipstick so it tends to make your teeth look whiter which is always good!
 
 
Lipstick 5:

 
This lipstick I bought sometime last year and I haven't seen this lipstick anywhere since so I don't know whether you can still buy it or whether it was a one-off lipstick but this is another one of my favourites! I don't know what the name of this is, It says 'Adobe 1030-37' on the bottom but I'm not sure whether that's the colour and number or not so I'm sorry if this lipstick appeals to you and you wanted to buy it! It is a Sally Hansen lipstick which is not normally a brand that I'd usually buy however I really like this lipstick! It's quite similar to the NYC 'Chocolate Chip' lipstick that I spoke about however it is a bit lighter so it is a bit more red looking than brown. Again its really moisturising, I tend not to buy matte colours as sometimes they make my lips look really chapped. I think this lipstick is perfect for autumn and winter!
 
Lipstick 6:

 
Lastly, This is the more high end branded lipstick which I think you could possible be able to buy in boots but not places like superdrug. My mum bought me this lipstick for Christmas as well as some other smashbox products so let me know if your interested in seeing them?! This lipstick is called 'Electric Pink' and it is a matte shade. However this lipstick isn't too dry on the lips so I really like this matte lipstick. I have only worn this a couple of times as it is winter at the moment and I think it would look nicer in the summer as it is a really bright, pretty colour, However I really like how it gives a matte finish as well as being long wearing. Again this lipstick seems to really compliment green eyes which is really nice!
 


So that's my top 6 favourite lipsticks! I hope this was a good post and has been helpful! Let me know if you would like to see more posts like this as I've only just started this blog so I don't know what will be interesting to see?! Don't forget to comment your thoughts! Thank you so much for reading, I really enjoyed doing this and hopefully I'll post again soon!
 
Sophie x

 
 



3 comments:

  1. Very interesting , really enjoyed your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first colour. It's very nice for spring/summer.
    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I thought the same!x

    ReplyDelete